Sunday 22 August 2010

Meeting Willie Miller

This isn't a football report but I thought I should tell you anyway.

This afternoon I was out 'enjoying' the Edinburgh Festival and I had the pleasure of meeting my all time sporting hero - Mr Willie Miller, the captain of the all-conquering Aberdeen side of the 1980's. I almost walked past him and must thank my brother-in-law for pointing him out.


Honestly, I was like a love struck teenager as I thrust my hand out for him to shake it. All i could muster was a "Willie Miller, you are my hero". My girlfriend, who took the picture above, tells me that she thought I was never going to let go of his hand. I must have kept him there for five minutes talking about what a player he was and how we've made a great start to the season before he wrestled his hand free and re-joined his wife.


Should've told him about my blog and asked for tickets to the Kilmarnock game next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment